What is a GSA schedule contract?
What is a GSA Schedule?
The General Services Administration (GSA) Multiple Award Schedule (MAS), also referred to as GSA Schedule and Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), program establishes long-term governmentwide contracts with commercial firms to provide access to more than 12 million commercial products and services that can be ordered directly from GSA Schedule contractors or through GSA Advantage online shopping and ordering system. Schedule contracts are indefinite delivery /indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contracts awarded to responsible companies that offer commercial services or supplies at fair and reasonable prices.
What are the Benefits to the GSA Schedule Contract?
- Opens the doors to the federal market
- Is a license to hunt with the federal government
- Offers contract stability – 5 year contract with 3 five year options to extend – 20 year contract with the entire federal government – nationwide
- Enables your company to be a pre-approved vendor
- Gives prioritization over competitors
- Is the preferred contract vehicle for many agencies
Government agencies use GSA schedules to receive direct delivery, shorter lead times, lower administrative costs, expert knowledge, money-saving options (most-favored customer prices, volume pricing, spot discounts and price reductions), and to fulfill set-aside mandates. Ordering activities can meet small business goals while promoting compliance with environmental and socioeconomic laws and regulations.
Who is Eligible to Buy from GSA Schedule Contracts?
Eligible buyers include executive agencies, federal agencies, mixed-ownership government corporations, state and local governments, District of Columbia and tribal governments. Eligible GSA Users List
Do You Really Need A GSA Schedule Contract To Do Business With The Government?
Having a GSA Schedule contract allows you to close the deal in a shorter period of time and compete only with other GSA schedule contract holders – competition is reduced. GSA Schedules are the most widely used contract vehicles in the federal government.
Alternatively, your company can win government contracts by identifying new bid opportunities and submitting successful proposals. This requires writing an extensive proposal, competing with other vendors and wait months or longer for an award.
What qualifications are required to get a GSA Schedule Contract?
GSA looks for a firm that has been in business for at least two years, has customer references and past experience with the products/services your company intends to offer, financial resources to perform the work, and ability to establish and maintain pricing practices. The requirements for each GSA Schedule vary. For more details on specific requirements, order the BH Sky’s GSA Pre-assessment.
How Do I Get a GSA Schedule Contract?
Obtaining a GSA Schedule contract is an extensive process that can take from three to twelve months, depending on a number of factors including quality of your company’s proposal and volume of offers received at the acquisition center. Below are steps to get a GSA Schedule contract:
- Assess feasibility of your company securing a GSA Schedule contract
- Identify the GSA Schedule Contract that covers the products or services you offer
- Obtain a copy of the GSA Solicitation
- Prepare an Administrative, Technical and Pricing Proposal in accordance with Solicitation requirement
- Submit Offer to GSA electronically using eOffer
- Clarify documents with the GSA Contracting Specialist
- Negotiate the best and final offer with the GSA Contracting Officer
- Upload FSS Pricelist to eLibrary and GSA Advantage after contract is awarded
- Utilize GSA eBuy to identify and respond to RFQ’s
- Comply with administrative, reporting, marketing and pricing requirements
How can BH Sky Help You Obtain a GSA Schedule Contract?
BH Sky specializes in GSA Schedule contracts – we offer pre-qualification evaluation, proposal preparation assistance, assistance with modifications, contract renewal assistance, and customized consultations.
Contact a GSA Specialist today for a FREE initial phone consultation.
Get your free GSA Evaluation
Call us at: 866.468.7420
Are you ready to tap into this lucrative market? Just fill out the simple form below and start with a FREE evaluation.